Sunday, March 02, 2014

A Week in Weeki Wachee

Say that five times fast. A Week in Weeki Wachee

Yeah, I know, where the hell is Weeki Wachee?  That is exactly what I asked my dad when he said he and my mom had rented a cabin there for a few weeks.  It is located about an hour north of Tampa and is a whole other world.  What a surprise.  I felt like I was in a different country even.  Somewhere in the jungle.  Maybe back in Cost Houses lined the river and little canals all the way
The cabin, although rustic on the outside, was well equipt with all modern amenities, nicely furnished and very cozy.

The best part though?  We could walk out the back door to our dock on the river.  People passed all day long in boats, kayaks and canoes.  Oh and manatees swam by as well. So cool.

So what were we doing all week?
Kayaking kayaking and more kayaking. Eating, playing cards, chasing a crazy two year old and a certain little crawler had us on our toes too.

How 'bout I just show you some pictures?
Rustic Cabin
River View
Singing Row Row Row Your Boat

Florida Sun Seeker




Fishin' with Grandma

Tampa Craigslist Vintage  Chandelier - SCORE $45
CL transaction at a McDonalds
Beach Snoozer!
Pine Island Beach

Tio Tim Came to Visit





Dominos with Mom and Aunt Margie
Mr. Calm and Mr. Crazy!
POP!
Breaking up the road trip at a Toys R Us
My parents like the place so much that they have already rented for next year (the whole month of March!) so hopefully one year advance notice can get some of my other siblings down there.  It was really great! Thanks again mom and dad for having us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hola!
I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by Viva Cindy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails